Thursday, February 11, 2010

Spice Collection

My Costume - Spice Moroccan Heat

So as many of you may know, I actually thought I was down for the count for Carnival. But by the grace of God I made it and I palancin!!!!!!!!!!
So distrution starts at 12 I was there at 12:30 and there were about 20 people already. These people not playin nah! lol There were only 2 cashiers, Anya at Cash and another at Linx. I guess that because all the others did not come to cash until 12:45 or so!
Anywho the ballroom is layed out with Rocky handing out chits, the chairs to sit while waiting to collect, then there is the Last Call Costumes Bay which people who now want a costume can get one, I saw 5 people over there. There is the Express Collection where she looks over your bill and signs.
Now onto the costume. When I went to get the costume now, my cuz workin the distribution lmao as well as 2 friends on is a cashier the other in repairs. Anywho I get my costume the belt fits lovely the headpiece wonderful, bra cups and band fit wonderful until we reach the top of the bra with the halter neckpiece.
It was too long so I had to take in repairs, waited for a 10mins for them to finish the repairs they were working on and my friend hook me up! niceness in 10mins i was ready to head across....low and behold Carnival Kicks has a booth at collection! complete with boots, no prices lol to sell! So while yuh waitin on your band you taking in boots....niceness lmao.
Got my band and goody bag and was on my way. All in all collection took an hour. But Im glad I got to see Caspian sea fl backpack which is gorgeous and the fl to my costume, Moroccan Heat, which the flho said the backpack heavy...between you and me she may be a first timer lmao!

The costume is absolutely gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
In fact the belt is even prettier than the prototype, the colour is rich and I am excited!!!!!I must say the quality of Spice's costumes have improved drastically then last year and not one single thing dropped from costume, nothing!!! and trust me I played around with it plenty!


So the only qualm is the goody bag...is a recessionary goody bag, at least they put the sunblock in there eh! Thank God!!!!


All in all Spice gets a thumbs up for collection!

9 comments:

cute dougla said...

but where my sunblock???????

mimi said...

it right there check again!

nmb said...

Thanks Mimi! I have been waiting to see pics of this costume, since this is my section also and I am overseas. Love it!

mimi said...

no problem nmb! it is just gorg!

Trinidad Carnival Diary said...

Very nice!!!! I wish I got sunblock humph

cute dougla said...

mimi ah real check..no sunblock...no condom!

mimi said...

yea i know about the no condom lmao...imagine my campus carnival goodie bag was better than this!
awww S i find sunblock is a goodie bag essential....look where we reach nah....totin cause we get a recessionary goodie bag

shells said...

Great to know you'll be on the road mimi, this was my fav costume in Spice (mus have a thing for orange LOL!!!)...and we got no sunblock, wish i had though :-(

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! Can't wait to see MH on the road... And yes, recessionistas didn't give me sunblock OR rag, oh well...

Carnival 2k9 Bags!

The Addicts on Display