Thursday, July 10, 2008

Black Opal Make Up Road test

So once upon a time, Saucy, Rene and I were discussing make up on d Saucy c-box. I began using Black Opal Creme Stick (in beautiful Bronze) recently, but I hadn't done a road test yet. You might ask me, what in the hell is a road test. Well a road test is when you test out your make up on a hot day and see how well it lasts all day. My road test was about 5 or 6 hours long.

The application process:-
My tools:-
  • foundation brush
  • eyeshadow brush
  • powder brush
  • slanted blush brush
The steps
  1. I rubbed my Neutrogena Oil Free Moisturizer with SPF 15
  2. Then I used my foundation brush and began to apply Black Opal Creme Stick foundation, from the chin/ base of my face, going up.
  3. I blended in where needed to be blended then applied Sacha Eye Shadow Primer.
  4. Then using the powder brush I dusted on some Sacha Kamaflage Setting Powder.
  5. I applied my eyeshadow L'Oreal Wear Infinite Duos Eye Shadow, Bronze Star 862, Perle-Perle with my eyeshadow brush.
  6. Then using the blush brush I applied Sacha Bronzer Blush.
  7. I applied Arista's Loose Powder in Nutmeg
  8. Applied a little of the setting powder
  9. Then finished with Sacha Fix It Spray
So I head out in Arima around 11 o'clock yesterday, you know yesterday as hot as hell. I walked up and down Arima in the sun, shopping and running errands for a bout 4 hours then had to travel home. And let me tell allyuh, I was sweatin so much I had to stop and buy a rag to wipe my face.lol. Which took a whole hour to reach home. When I reached home and I looked in the mirror, results were satisfactory, coverage lasted long and with just a touch of translucent powder I would've been looking like if I washed my face and reapplied again.

Application 4/5
It is very easy to apply, I must admit, this is my first stick foundation and I prefer a stick in comparison to liquid or cream to powder any day.

Coverage 4/5
The coverage is very good, After the sweating and wiping, the foundation still held up quite well, just one or two spots on my face showed up a little more (didn't put any concealer though so that was my fault)

Finish 5/5
Oh Gosh this thing does give you a nice finish boy!!!!! You will look flawless after applying this make up, I must say!

Protection 4/5
I felt as though, the foundation combined with my moisturizer protected my skin a lot from the sun exposure, because normally with Sacha Foundation, it actually didn't protect me at all, and I got more sun burnt than anything, Sacha foundation actually changed colour with me, so i know for the next in 2k9 Sacha is a no no for me. But through out the exposure it worked really well and stayed true to form.

Overall I would use this foundation for the road!

No comments:

Carnival 2k9 Bags!

The Addicts on Display